The old way of getting to know someone was to ask, “What do you do [for a living]?”
When we asked each other this question, without even realizing it, we were all agreeing to stay small and within pre-defined boxes that had been crafted for us over centuries. Earth needs us now to be our new, authentic selves, on behalf of all life.
This photo is the old me who dreamed up Converge Forward.
(The "old me" was an environmental scientist, facilitator, supervisor, and project lead.)
Photo by Sara Goetz.
I'm still dreaming! This time, with more permission to DREAM.
Photo montage by B. Donohue
The real question, the NOW question, is, “What do you dream?”
It’s through our collective, authentic dreaming, that we understand our new to-do list. We are in a time of rapid changes, and if you are feeling great urgency in getting in touch with your dreams, and acting on your dreams, you are not alone! If you are feeling overwhelmed and in need of support in this process, you are also not alone. We are here to help!
Converge Forward is my dream, brought to life, and I am still dreaming!
Dreaming and doing, dreaming and doing, this is an iterative process. As I write this (the day before Winter Solstice 2018), I am on version #3 of this website, and I am 5 months into this business launch after having quit my 19-year job as an environmental regulator. The Fight to Better Communication Coaching training is about to go online for sale, and, with it, the Heart-to-Heart Rooting Network is about to start helping hundreds of people.
Thank you for visiting here. Without you, I am just a droplet of water who thinks she might start a new canyon. With you, well, now we’re carving a new path together!
My dreams for 2019 include
- Growing the Fight to Better and Heart-to-Heart Rooting Network communities
- Helping you directly with your communication coaching needs
- Planning out a number of crucial community projects, including
- “Cul de Sac Cooperatives”, in which the suburbs FINALLY give back, in the form of growing food, fiber, oil, and soap crops
- Fiber and garment up-cycling community businesses
- Community gardens in PARKING LOTS, bus stops, and at BART stations (because the time to shift to a post-auto economy is NOW)
- Suburb-urban healing ceremonies for honoring our sisters and brothers in the inner city and making the shift to be the ancestors that our generations to come will know as The Ones Who Started the Healing Turn
- Cycling lanes and pathways throughout the inland East Bay area
- over-the-hump.org, a yet-to-be launched non-profit whose purpose is to help us help each other make habit changes that will support our earth. Such habits include,
- Going vegan (or in that direction)
- Leaving the car and walking or rolling by your own power instead
- Gardening together
- Sharing with each other
- Helping each other
What do you dream? Reach out! Let’s dream together.
I sincerely welcome you to Converge Forward!