Being a Subject of a Curated Conversation
This program is coming as soon as we get our first subjects! Please email Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating.
A Curated Conversation is a recorded coaching session or series of sessions in which the participant has agreed to have their recording(s) posted to an online audience. The audience is given a worksheet to guide them through their own listening experience. Their worksheet will be different based on whether or not they know the subject. The audience will be invited to participate in a discussion regarding the taped conversation, but in a specific format designed to be instructive and supportive for the subject as well as the audience:
Curated Conversation Ground Rules
- No cross talk allowed. This means, audience members may not tell the subject what to do or comment on whether or not the subject is doing the right thing.
- Audience members may wish the subject well and voice encouragement. They may thank the subject for sharing.
- Audience members will be invited to post their workbook entries, in which they focus on their own emotions, thoughts, and physical reactions to the subject's story line. They will make note of what is uplifting as well as what is difficult. They will be given suggested strategies for changing their experience to the better.
Being an Audience Member of a Curated Conversation
Audience members can opt to be a “fly on the wall” or an active participant. It is a low-cost way for people, anywhere, to have access to Converge Forward’s teaching and resources. Being offered the privilege of watching another person work through their issues does something very special and very powerful: it gives the audience member a clearer path toward their own dignity and strength. We are all human. Seeing an other actively engaged in their authenticity and their integrity provides support to our own self-engagement and growth process.
Why may I want to be the Subject of a Curated Conversation?
You will have your own reasons. From our perspective, here are some possible reasons you may want to be a Subject of a Curated Conversation:
- There is great power in having others bear witness to your story. Somehow, their attention holds a space and a focus for you that helps you find your way.
- The ground rules, when followed, allow you to have support and company while also allowing you freedom to find and speak your voice.
- The ground rules, if they happen to be broken, provide you, and audience members in your Curated Conversation, the opportunity to reflect on your choices and options when another person does not behave in the way that you expect or want them to. (Please note: we do not encourage breaking the ground rules. We just recognize that, in the learning process, it may happen.)
- Your ability to get up from your computer/phone/tablet and take a break is a re-enforcement of the healthy habit of using distance and timing to support your well-being in relationship settings. Practicing this physically will help you practice it later, internally, in real-time situations.
- Being able to read the reactions of strangers to your story further supports your experience in realizing how we, as humans, have universal struggles even though we are each our own unique beings. You are not alone! You are important. Your experience is important. Your voice is important.
Ability to pay should never be a consideration in your decision to be a Subject of a Curated Conversation.
One reason that you absolutely should not choose to be a Curated Conversation Subject: cost. You do not have to sacrifice your privacy for the sake of receiving coaching. If you are in need of coaching and cannot afford the full price, let us know, and we will see what we can do to work with you, including exploring the possibility of barter or pay-it-forward. Please see our Client Selection Policy.